Imagine being able to replace your lost tooth, not with removable dentures, but with an implant that looks and feels just like a normal, secure tooth. With dental implants from your Hampton dentist, you can accomplish this. This procedure has become a popular option in dental reconstruction, with over a half a million implants placed every year in the U.S. With their natural appearance and strong fit, dental implants can be your answer to repairing your smile.
Advantages of dental implants include:
- A secure, comfortable fit that looks and feels natural, without the slipping of normal dentures
- No other adjacent teeth have to be ground down or disturbed to hold an implant in place
- You can talk and eat normally without the inconvenience
- You will no longer feel self-conscious about missing teeth
During the implant process:
- Your jaw bone area just below your gums is fitted with metal posts.
- Once in position, the dental implants are mounted securely on these posts, giving you the look and feel of a brand new tooth!
- Not only will your self-esteem improve, but your oral health will as well.
Contact Dental Care of Hampton at 757-722-2929 to learn more about our dental implant options.
Individual Upper Implants
A dental implant is a titanium post (like a tooth root) that is surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line that allows your dentist to mount a replacement tooth into that area. If you're considering implants, you must have healthy gums and adequate bone to support them.
If you're missing your upper teeth, having all of them individually replaced so that they will appear to be growing out of your gum tissue will most closely resemble the appearance of your natural teeth. Because the bone in the upper jaw is not as hard as the one in the lower jaw, people often need more implants, usually 8 to 10, to support their new replacement teeth. Separate abutments or support posts for each one of these implants will be made and crowns for each missing tooth will be placed.
Tooth implants are typically more expensive than more traditional alternatives. If you're interested in individual implants, consult with your dentist at Dental Care of Hampton. Schedule an appointment by calling us at 757-722-2929.